Pressing Onward

By Elisabeth
        Fresh seasons... Page-turns... New chapters... Broadening horizons... Cherished moments...
   So many inexpressible emotions come over as I think of how truly life is but a vapor that will quickly pass away. Time flies by so swiftly and I often find myself wanting to just stop the clock, sit down, and hold each fleeting moment close to my heart and soak it all in before it is over. "Fifty years later..." will come before we know it and I know that I will look back on these golden years with fondness--irritations, pleasures, and all--and silently long to revisit even just one of "those good ole' days", maybe even with a lump in my throat as flashbacks of children laughing, grandmas and grandpas telling the favorite stories of "way back when", and grand get-togethers of "just us".  
  Yet, there is so much to be anticipated, so much still to be discovered, so much left to be accomplished, so much more to life than sulking at it's passing moments. Indeed, I am here right now; what am I doing to invest in eternity? And further, what am I doing to prepare for that which is beyond today? What an awesome responsibility and privilege it is to relish the present moments, as fleeting as they may be and as mundane as they may seem; yet what a thrill it is to turn my gaze ahead, lifting my eyes to the yonder mountains, in joyful anticipation of what God has in store! 

   As life begins to move on, and different ones begin launching into the futures God is leading them into, such times together become all the more treasured and...rare. Though we are eager to pursue the callings He has placed upon us, sometimes the initial release is with much...well, you know, the first one is always hardest. Anyways, this was one more family gathering that was a milestone...      

The five oldest Linzey cousins 


Many smiles and laughs... As well as the traditional "camera war" :)

Amanda is getting so big! She figured out the "proper" way to eat olives :)

Visiting, encouraging each other, sharing stories, laughing... We had a wonderful time.

The most recent picture of the "R" and "J" Linzeys together 

As we walk on in life, there are many unknowns. But one thing we do know is that...
"I don't know about tomorrow, but I know Who holds my hand."

"Even there shall thy hand lead me,
and thy right hand shall hold me"
~ Psalm 139:10 ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

***Huge Announcement!!!

Reflections on 2021